Info: Kursus Perbandingan Agama
Posted by shah03 on March 11, 2008
Friendly Comparative Religion (FCR)
Basic Intensive 2-Day Training Programme Da’wah to Non-Muslims (in English)
Mr. Shah Kirit, YM Engku Fauzi, FCR Alumnis
Saturday & Sunday
15th & 16th March 2008
8.30am – 6.00pm
Lecture Hall, IIS
1-5-2 Prima Peninsula,
Jalan Setiawangsa 11,
54200 Kuala Lumpur.
Saturday, 15th March 2008
8:30 – 9:00am Registration
9.00 – 9.15am Welcome Speech & Program Outline
9:15 – 10:30am Is Da’wah Compulsory?
10:30 – 10:50am Break
10:50 – 11:50am History of Christianity
11.50 – 1.10pm Basics of Christian Beliefs
1:10 – 2:30pm Lunch & Solat
2:30 – 4:30pm Chinese Beliefs and Hinduism
4:30 – 5:30pm Workshop
End of day 1
Sunday, 16th March 2008
8:30 – 9:00am Recap
9:00 – 10:30am Misconceptions in Islam
10:30 – 10:50am Break
10:50 – 12:10pm Understanding Reverts
12:10 – 1:10pm Personal Encounters with
Christian Priests and Churches
1.10 – 2:30pm Lunch & Solat
2:30 – 3:30pm Qur’an & Modern Science
3:30 – 5:00pm Q&A Session – Panel
5.00 – 5.30pm Closing Ceremony
A. About IIS
Islamic Information & Services (IIS) is a registered non-profit da’wah organization, with tentatively assigned office bearer and commitee members.
Its objectives are to:
- Propagate information on Islam and matters relating to Islam
- Combat misinformation & misconceptions about Islam
- Conduct Islah activities – remove doubts and renew the confidence of Muslims
- Provide an avenue for Da’wah activities to non-Muslims
- Give courses on Islam and Islam-related subjects
- Provide valuable services for reverts and potential reverts
- Conduct dae’i_training
- Provide services towards the betterment of the community
- Appeal to the Muslim youth of today through programmes that interest them
- Promote the ideal of Islam as a multi-racial and cross-cultural way of life
Ample FREE parking is available at the open space opposite Saba Outlet on weekends. Parking inside the building is not compensated and will be charged.
C. Surau & Washrooms
There is a separate Surau for men & women located between Saba outlet and Maybank on the 2nd floor. Washrooms are available on all floors.
Restaurants are available nearby. There are also stalls near the Island & Peninsular Building.
E. Feedback Form
We value your feedback & comments as we endeavour to make future seminars meaningful and beneficial to all.
Please fill in the Feedback form and hand it to the secretariat. You may want to fill your form as we move along the program.
Registration fee is RM120 for non-students, RM100 for students (fees cover the cost of books and course material). Any queries can be directed to Sis Hilyah (012 7353639) or Bro Zahir (012 651229)